Representatives from 17 European universities and networks participated in the EIB Institute’s Knowledge Programme annual meeting on 8 March 2016 at the European Investment Bank in Luxembourg.
The annual meeting provides an opportunity for EIB staff and academics engaged in the activities of the EIB Institute to network and exchange ideas about the Knowledge Programme as well as to hear about the Institute’s initiatives under its two other programmes, Social and Arts and Culture.
Researchers presented the results of completed and ongoing EIBURS and STAREBEI research projects, and representatives of universities and networks discussed how to make the best of EIB and academia partnerships (University of Luxembourg, Sciences Po, College of Europe) and networks (C.R.E.D.I.T, ERSA, UNIMED).
– “How can larger organisations also be innovative organisations”, Alberto Di Minin, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna
– “Financial literacy”, Marco Trombetta, IE Business School
– “Measuring impact beyond financial return”, Fabrizio Ferraro, IESE Business School
– “Administrative capacity building”, Alba Smeriglio, University of Strathclyde
– “Smart city development”, Andrés Monzón, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
– “Demographic change in the EU”, Sarah Okoampah, RWI
– “Economic Analysis of Energy Efficiency Investment”, François Cohen, LSE
– “Evaluation of large scale RDI infrastructure”, Massimo Florio, University of Milan
– “Multinational banking in CESEE and financial stability”, Angeliki Zagorisiou, Universitat Jaume I
– “Intergenerational redistributive effects due to the financing formula of the investments in transport infrastructures”, Domingo Peñalver, CENIT
– “Financing of European SMEs”, Christian Masiak, University of Trier
A panel discussion about the EIB and academia partnerships was also held with Marcello Scalisi, UNIMED, Jouke van Dijk, ERSA, Franck Leprévost, University of Luxembourg, Domenico Sartore, C.R.E.D.I.T, Eric de Souza, College of Europe and Vincent Ténière, Sciences Po. It was moderated by Francisco de Paula Coelho, Dean, EIB Institute.