“Make the most of EU resources for your region or city” is a new massive open online course (MOOC) of the European Committee of the Regions, in collaboration with the EIB and other EU bodies and institutions.
It is open to local and regional authorities, students and researchers from all over Europe. Since mid-January, more than 11,500 people have been following the MOOC.
Starting Monday, 5th February, and for the two following weeks, EIB Group staff will share their expertise with course participants on the following topics:
Week 5-9 February: The social dimension of EU funding
- A home for everyone, video on social housing featuring an interview with Barbara Lemke, Urban development expert, EIB
- Investing in education, factsheet
Week 12-16 February: Boosting the local and regional economy
- SMEs, the backbone of the EU economy: factsheet and videos showcasing the EIB Group’s offer for small businesses, with Helmut Krämer-Eis, Chief Economist of the EIF, and Nina Van Doren, SME policy and business development at the EIB
- How to make the most of EFSI at local and regional level, factsheet
- Build back better: disaster risk management and prevention in European regions, video featuring Sebastian Hyzyk, Regional development expert, EIB
- URBIS, boosting urban development projects, factsheet
- The EU bank at a glance, infographic
Facebook live on Thursday 15 February at noon with Patricia Llopis, Urban development expert, EIB.
Want to follow the course? It is not too late to register on Iversity, the e-learning platform. It is free and available in English, French and German.
Around 15 000 participants worldwide followed the two previous MOOCs developed by the Committee of the Regions, on “Europe’s regions, the EU institutions and policy-making” (2015) and “The EU budget and funding for regions and cities” (2016).