Johan Österholm is a Swedish artist based in Malmö, Sweden. He studied for a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts at the Umeå Academy of Fine Arts and a MFA at the Malmö Art Academy, graduating in 2016. He compiled a Photographic Artist Book at the Royal Institute of Art in Stockholm (2018-2019). Johan completed a residency at the Künstlerhaus Bethanien (Berlin, 2018) and has received numerous grants including Platform from the Fotomuseum Winterthur (2017) and several from the Swedish Art Council. He has exhibited widely in Europe – for instance in 2018 he participated in shows at the Copenhagen Photo Festival, the Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg and C/O Berlin.
News & events
- EIB Summer School ready to begin!
- The new plastics economy
- Tomorrow’s growth starts today!
- Refugee crisis in Colombia: donation results
- Inequality and the art market
- One month left to apply for the 7 Most Endangered programme!
- Inequality and … Lecture on “Inequality and child development in deprived populations”