The European Investment Bank (EIB) Institute is pleased to announce the 2020 edition of its Artists Development Programme (ADP). The EIB Institute is looking for ONE visual artist (born after 1 January 1985) from an EU Member State to work on the theme “Disruption: The Imprint of Man”.
The ADP offers emerging European visual artists a 6-8 week-long residency in Luxembourg, enabling them to develop their practice and create a new (body of) work(s), boosted by the mentorship of a renowned artist. In 2020, the recipients will each be mentored by acclaimed Finnish artist Jorma Puranen.
- Born after 1 January 1985. In the case of an artist duo, both members should be ≤35 years old
- EU nationality. In the case of an artist duo, both members should hold EU nationality
- Fluency in English
Budget and duration
The EIB Institute will cover the artists travel costs to and from Luxembourg (for the residency), and to and from Jorma Puranen’s studio (before the start of the residency).
The artists will receive a EUR 100 (one hundred euro) flat-rate daily allowance intended to cover their subsistence costs during the period of residency and all or part of their production costs, and will be provided with a living/working space.
In addition to the above, the artists will be granted, at the beginning of the residency, a contribution towards production of EUR 500 (five hundred euro) and, at the end of the residency, a success fee of EUR 1,000 (one thousand euro), provided that they have produced a work or body of works.
The residency in Luxembourg will take place between early May and end June 2020.
Upon completion of the residency, the EIB might consider acquiring an artwork produced on-site from the artist.
All applications must be submitted through the online form available here.
– A CV, in English (maximum 4 pages) to include education, work experience, solo and group shows, as well as media coverage
– A letter of motivation, in English, with ideas to be explored during the residency, in line with the proposed theme (maximum 1,000 words)
– A portfolio (maximum 8 pages in PDF A4 format) to showcase a representative selection of the applicant’s works
– Names and contact details of two professional referees familiar with the art of the applicant
– A brief reference to how the applicant found out about the programme
Please note that a proof of the nationality and actual age of applicant(s) will be requested in case of shortlisting.
A jury – consisting of Jorma Puranen (the mentor), members of the EIB Arts Committee and external art advisers – will select the candidates based on the artistic quality of their work, their motivation and their potential to make the most of the opportunity offered by the residency, as well as the relevance of their practice to the cultural context of the EIB Institute.
The selected candidates will be informed of the jury’s decision by email in March 2020.
Application deadline: Midnight (GMT+1) Thursday, 16 January 2020.
Any application failing to comply with the set requirements will be automatically disqualified.
photo: Pamela Diamante (resident for the Thematic call on ‘Disruption: The Imprint of Man’, 2019) with the series of works Fenomenologia del Sublime.